One of my personal resolutions for 2011 is to read more books. At first, I was just going to keep a list of about 20 books, which are subject to change, in a Google Document. But then, I stumbled across a post by Blogger Arik Hansen. He published a list of the 26 books he plans to read on his blog, Communications Conversations.
I thought what a great way to hold yourself accountable and follow through with a resolution. So, I’m going to take Arik’s lead and publish my 2011 reading list here, so that I can be held accountable throughout the year. I’ll also periodically post mini-book reviews (both written and video) on my blog.
Follow my progress throughout the year at the 26 books tab on my blog. Happy Reading!
1. Unmarketing- Scott Stratten (Finished. With 26 books in less than 365 days, I figure I can have a bit of a head start. Right?)
2. The Art of Non-Conformity- by Chris Guillebeau (2/3 of the way through)
3. Trust Agents- Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
4. The Now Revolution- Jay Baer and Amber Naslund
5. Linchpin- Seth Godin
6. Crush It!- Gary Vaynerchuk
7. Back of The Napkin- Dan Roam
8. The Accidental Billionaires- Ben Mezrich
9. Cracking Creativity- Michael Michalko
10. The Audacity of Hope- Barack Obama
11. The Four Hour Workweek- Timothy Ferriss
12. The 80/20 Principle- Richard Koch
13. Putting The Public Back In Public Relations- Brian Solis and Deirdre Breakenridge
14. Gamestorming- Dave Gray, Sunni Brown and James Macanufo
15. The Pursuit of Happyness- Chris Gardner
16. WikiBrands- Sean Moffitt, Mike Dover and Don Tapscott
17. Delivering Happiness- Tony Hsieh
18. The Referral Engine- John Jantsch
19. Eat, Pray, Love- Elizabeth Gilbert
20. S*it My Dad Says- Justin Halpern
21. The Book of Awesome- Neil Pasricha
22. The Last Song- Nicholas Spark
23. The Nanny Diaries- Emma Mclaughlin and Nicola Kraus
24. Lipstick Jungle- Candace Bushnell
25. Marley and Me- John Grogan
26. My Sister’s Keeper- Jodi Picoult
*This list is subject to change.