One of my personal resolutions for 2011 is to read more books. At first, I was just going to keep a list of about 20 books, which are subject to change, in a Google Document. But then, I stumbled across a post by Blogger Arik Hansen. He published a list of the 26 books he plans to read on his blog, Communications Conversations.
I thought what a great way to hold yourself accountable and follow through with a resolution. So, I’m going to take Arik’s lead and publish my 2011 reading list here, so that I can be held accountable throughout the year. I’ll also periodically post mini-book reviews (both written and video) on my blog.
Follow my progress throughout the year at the 26 books tab on my blog. Happy Reading!
1. Unmarketing– Scott Stratten (Finished. With 26 books in less than 365 days, I figure I can have a bit of a head start. Right?)
2. The Art of Non-Conformity– by Chris Guillebeau (2/3 of the way through)
3. Trust Agents– Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
4. The Now Revolution– Jay Baer and Amber Naslund
5. Linchpin– Seth Godin
6. Crush It!– Gary Vaynerchuk
7. Back of The Napkin– Dan Roam
8. The Accidental Billionaires– Ben Mezrich
9. Cracking Creativity– Michael Michalko
10. The Audacity of Hope– Barack Obama
11. The Four Hour Workweek– Timothy Ferriss
12. The 80/20 Principle- Richard Koch
13. Putting The Public Back In Public Relations- Brian Solis and Deirdre Breakenridge
14. Gamestorming- Dave Gray, Sunni Brown and James Macanufo
15. The Pursuit of Happyness– Chris Gardner
16. WikiBrands– Sean Moffitt, Mike Dover and Don Tapscott
17. Delivering Happiness– Tony Hsieh
18. The Referral Engine– John Jantsch
19. Eat, Pray, Love– Elizabeth Gilbert
20. S*it My Dad Says– Justin Halpern
21. The Book of Awesome– Neil Pasricha
22. The Last Song- Nicholas Spark
23. The Nanny Diaries- Emma Mclaughlin and Nicola Kraus
24. Lipstick Jungle- Candace Bushnell
25. Marley and Me- John Grogan
26. My Sister’s Keeper- Jodi Picoult
*This list is subject to change.