I’m trying out a new short(er) format this month. There’s no theme or lengthy intro. Instead, there’s a handful of great articles and videos to check out.
- What’s more important – talent or discipline?
- Is social media killing authentic travel experiences?
- Can you grow a successful startup as a side hustle?
- This thread should be required reading for any career-oriented person in their 20s or 30s.
- “Life can be improved by adding, or by subtracting. The world pushes us to add, because that benefits them. But the secret is to focus on subtracting.”
Just For Kicks
- Have you ever wondered why there are a dozen mattress stores in a 5-mile radius? This video explains how the mattress industry operates.
- Tis the season for adorable holiday commercials? This ad from a French telecom company takes storytelling to the next level.
- What did I just watch? It is strangely catchy and makes me see The Kool-Aid Man in a whole new light.
- Finally, this might be the best video posted on YouTube this year. I dare you not to laugh. 🙂
What are you reading or watching right now? Drop me an email, and let me know. The only thing I love more than reading is getting thoughtful recommendations for what I should read next.
*An earlier version of this post went out to my email subscribers. If you want to get first dibs on what I’m reading and the occasional update (I never send more than 2 emails per month), sign up here.