Are you the tortoise or the hare?
I was browsing TikTok – a guilty pleasure – and stumbled across this video of a tortoise and a hare in a race.
I started thinking about marketing and how so many marketers act like hares. They are quick off the gate, move fast and jump from one trend or shiny object to the next big thing. However, this approach is pretty shortsighted.
It is often wiser to be the tortoise. Slow, steady and consistent marketing will win over a long enough time period.
Here are five things worth reading this month.
- This might be the most unexpected, epic email marketing case study.
- In this post for SEMRush, I talk about how you can use Reddit to amp up your content strategy.
- We have roughly 100 blocks each day. How are you spending yours?
- When you ask a writer how work is going.
- Social media has made it easier than ever before to compare your life to someone’s else highlight reel.
An earlier version of this post went out to my email subscribers. If you want to get first dibs on what I’m reading and the occasional update (I never send more than 2 emails per month), subscribe below.