I have strong feelings about content mills, but I put my feelings aside to run an experiment.
So, I hired 7 “content mills” to write the same article, analyzed the results, compared them to the top 3 ranking posts for a specific keyword and then shared what I learned in this monster case study.
Here are five things worth reading this month.
- What caused this SaaS founder to almost walk away from his $500k MRR startup?
- I have an entire section of my copy swipe file devoted to brand and content style guidelines. Help Scout’s updated style guidelines are one of my favorites.
- Woke washing – how purpose-driven marketing is being hijacked
- Apparently, some Instagram influencers are taking “fake it till you make it” to the next level with faux sponsorship ads.
- Looking to learn more about email segmentation? This guide is a must-read.
An earlier version of this post went out to my email subscribers. If you want to get first dibs on what I’m reading and the occasional update (I never send more than 2 emails per month), subscribe below.