For those of you who have been reading this newsletter for more than a few months (First, thank you!), you may have noticed that I’ve been playing around with TikTok for the better part of this year.
Over, the last few months, I’ve seen more early adopter marketers and brands – including many that you wouldn’t think would be on there (including cops, bakeries, AliExpress shops, and lawyers) – join the app. I dug into this new social media channel more in my latest article for Social Media Examiner.
In this article, you’ll learn how to create your own TikTok videos as well as see some examples from early adopter brands.
Here are five more things worth reading this month.
- This ad takes storytelling to the next level. It is a must-watch, but have tissues nearby. You’ve been warned.
- Most thought leadership posts are just mirage content in disguise. Here are some tips to create great content that stands out.
- I do a lot of email copywriting. I’m always looking for great emails to add to my swipe file for inspiration. This site is one of my favorites.
- Black Friday is just around the corner. If you are a eCommerce merchant, here is a detailed guide to help you get your shipping strategy in order. (Sidenote: I may be a little biased, as I had a hand in creating this.)
- Blogging has changed a lot in the past five years. This post provides a detailed snapshot of the current landscape. A must-read.
Just For Fun
In lighter news, here are three of my favorite TikToks this month.
- From this dog who is clearly living his best life.
- To the kitten who is either really excited or just plain crazy
- And, the two hamsters who just discovered gravity.