Every year since 2014, I’ve deliberately set aside some time in late December or early January to evaluate the past year and set my theme for the year ahead.
This year was no different.
Here are five more things worth reading this month.
- What has your work taught you that other people don’t realize? The replies in this tweetstorm are GOLD.
- Basecamp published a detailed guide to how they approach internal/team communication. It is a must-read.
- How do you unblock your business? Some good thought experiments around business operations in this post.
- Growing up, I was a huge fan of the show, Mythbusters. It actually helped me pass high school physics. That’s another story. I recently read Adam Savage’s new book, Every Tool’s A Hammer. It is a quick read, and he shares some fascinating insights on the creative process.
- I’m not sure why it took me so long to read the book – Profit First. It is a great read on how to build efficient business systems and processes.
Just For Fun
In lighter news, here are three of my favorite pet TikToks this month.
An earlier version of this post went out to my email subscribers. If you want to get first dibs on what I’m reading and the occasional update (I never send more than 2 emails per month), subscribe below.