Let’s talk about momentum.
Every year since 2014, I choose a word or phrase to be my theme for the year ahead.
Momentum is my theme for this year.
While this year certainly hasn’t gone to plan, this theme is probably even more relevant than it was back in January.
Ultimately when I think about building momentum, I think about creating my own workflows to do better work, keep learning (and growing) and drive forward progress.
Momentum is what gets you unstuck and propels you forward when you are in the middle of a daunting project, full of self-doubt, or experiencing a bout of imposter syndrome.
Here are five things worth reading this month.
- Looking to market to Gen Zers? Enter the era of Monomass
- What advice would you give to your 30-year-old self? The responses in this thread are gold.
- Why software is more profitable than content from the perspective of a content company
- What’s the right balance of new vs. returning visitors for your website?
- Branded vs. unbranded searches? The pandemic is forcing many brands to rethink their SEO strategy.
Just For Fun
In lighter news, here are three of my favorite TikToks this month.
- From this dog who really doesn’t feel like doing anything.
- To this dancing lizard
- And, I will never be as cool as this llama.
An earlier version of this post went out to my email subscribers. If you want to get first dibs on what I’m reading and the occasional update (I never send more than 2 emails per month), subscribe below.