What’s your point of view?
The more I write, the more I realize that 80% of writing is having a POV and something interesting to share. The other 20% is the actual writing. I feel like this point gets lost in translation by new and aspiring writers.
No tactic, tip, or growth hack will save your content marketing strategy if you don’t have anything worth talking about.
For example, one of the best ways to put this in practice is to work in public. Write about what you are working on right now or a key lesson learned.
Here are five things worth reading this month.
- Brand positioning is hard. I recently read the book, Obviously Awesome: How to Nail Product Positioning so Customers Get It, Buy It, Love It, by April Dunford. (A must-read especially for SaaS companies)
- Should remote workers make less if they live – or relocate- to a cheaper city? In an ideal world, everyone should be paid based on the output and results they generate, not based on where they live.
- When everyone is working remotely, you can’t rely on ping pong tables and kegs for “company culture.” Here is how to build a “culture of delight.”
- Email marketing is one of the few channels you have full control over. You aren’t reliant on social algorithms to get your message across. Here is a guide for how to grow your email subscribers using Facebook ads.
- Why do some communities thrive and others fizzle out? This article dives deep into the social architecture of impactful communities.
Just For Fun
- From this cat who really wants to turn back to a simple time (like 2019, y’all)
- To these dogs dropping some sick beats.
- And Kevin Bacon accidentally making an ASMR video 🤣
An earlier version of this post went out to my email subscribers. If you want to get first dibs on what I’m reading and the occasional update (I never send more than 2 emails per month), subscribe below.