Content marketing and SEO are like peanut butter and jelly.
Each can work independently.
However, you tend to get better results when you combine the two into a delicious sandwich.
Let me explain.
The best company blogs use SEO as one important tactic to inform their overall content strategy.
However, they also come up with a unique angle or story that makes their posts relevant and engaging. So, you aren’t producing “copycat content.”
Your story + angle is the foundation.
SEO is a lever you can use to amplify your message and build a content moat.
🚀 Here are five things worth reading this month.
- Community building is hard. This is a masterclass in how to take ownership and rebuild trust with community members when something goes wrong.
- Being intentional about crafting your professional support network is the best way to reach your potential.
- The real paradox of content marketing (and where so many content marketers get tripped up!)
- You probably know that HubSpot recently acquired the newsletter media company – The Hustle. Will we see more acquisitions like this one later this year? And, what are the real benefits?
- This is a solid thread on how to scale your team (especially relevant for SaaS founders!)
- Bonus: Starting a new content marketing job is like being the new kid at school. In this post for Superpath, a community of 2,000+ content marketers, I sharea roadmap for how you can set yourself up for success in the first 90 days.
🤣 Just For Fun
- From this cat who knows how to work it 🐱
- To this new extreme winter sport – pizza boarding 🍕
- And, this song mashup is 🔥(I think I’ve listened to it like a dozen times!)
- Meanwhile, in my city, these folks chose the worst possible hill to go sledding down during our freak winter storm. 🤦♀️